Sunday, 30 September 2012

Email Marketing - Best Practices

Email Marketing - Best Practices

 
 
 
 
     As discussed in Dustin post, Email marketing is on the fastest growing forms of Internet Marketing. I will be discussing the best practices of email marketing. I have attached a video that outlines and summarizes five "best practices" to ensure your email marketing campaign is successful.
 
1.Give them clear cut calls to action - create urgency with your customers to urge them to buy, for example, click here to buy now! etc.
2.Provide money back guarantees - If your not completely satisfied return for full money back.
3.Provide a quality guarantee - if your not satisfied, return for refund.
4.Extra cost coverage such as shipping and handeling charges etc which may give you a competitive advantage
5.Added bonuses such as accessories
 
 
 
To ensure your email marketing plan is successful you should consider the Golden R's of Email Marketing;
Relevance: Content should be important to your target audience and relateable to their needs. If you use irrelevant content, it may cause your customers to misread your messages and cause them to ignore the message completely and delete the email.
Respect: Emails must be sent as a trusted source that customers will feel comfortable opening and using the links included in the email. They also must not "push the limits" that may end up aggrivating your customers if emails are sent too frequent or to consumers who are not your target audince.
Reipient Control: Give the customer the control to choose what they want and don't want to receive such as an unsubscribe button. Give them options to what content they want to view and what they don't. When they are incontrol of what they see, the information feels more important.
It is also very important to measure the success of the plan by using some sort of data base system to collect information about your consumers such as click counts, sales coming from adds, timespent on websites etc.
Customers should have a way to contact the business for any questions or concerns they may have to develop two way communiaction. This could also be covered with a link to the website where they can go through "contact us".
With all of these variables together, you can ensure that you have a very successful and profitable email marketing campaign that customers will respond positively to.
For more information, follow this link to the Industry Canada's website for Email Marketing Link. 

20 comments:

  1. Quite the informative blog Tyson, well done. Due to the amount of junk mail most people receive on a typical day I always thought marketing through email could be lost in the pile. After reviewing your golden R's I can see where the potential is to reach out to potential consumers. Still feel that it can be quite a difficult task to accomplish though.
    Good job once again,

    Thank you

    Donald

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was very informative and well written. the golden R's seem like they would really help get a message across to the consumer. the video really helped in enforcing the idea that email marketing, is a lot easier to gain consumers with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only everyone using email marketing would adhere to the golden R's, instead of disprecting recipients trying to appeal to too many people and not providing relevant information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the video on this Blog

    I agree 100 percent with J.oliver’s comment regarding how people try to appeal to too many people and not providing relevant information. As mention the golden R’s are the best technique in order to get the message directly to the consumer instead of wasting time and money with other useless techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tyson
    I thought you did a very good job at describing the Golden R's of email marketing. I found the information to be very informative and the video provided good insight one how to make sure your email marketing campaign is successful
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job as others have explained at describing the Golden R's. I feel that these Golden R's aren't neccesarily adhered to in all cases and maybe some marketers should read your blog. Good work Tyson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job,

    You explained the Goldern R's well and provided great information on this topic especially by using the video to make sure an email marketing campaign will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every one has already explained that you did a good job at explaining the Golden R's. This was a very good blog
    Thank you for posting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Tyson
    Your post was quite informative and helpful, I agree that "Email marketing is on the fastest growing forms of Internet Marketing" it is quite cheep and useful to send an email to a potential customer and have them click on it.
    Thanks so much for the info as well as the golden R's
    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. The golden R’s, very fancy! Do you think it’s better for a company to hire a professional company that specializes in this or is it simple enough that a company can do it on their own?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's interesting to read through the golden R's and think about some of the marketing emails that I received that are missing one, some, or all of these. These seem like no-brainers to someone who develops marketing emails for a living.

    Nice post Tyson.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with everyone else abot the golden R's. Lots of great information and i can tell you've done alot of work for this topic to share with everyone, Thanks.


    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, First I just want to say great job. I like that you included very detailed information and also had a video to ad some visual to the content. Overall great job

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey
    I enjoyed the video that you provided i felt it really labelled and made it easy to understand the 5 best practices to ensure success in email marketing. You must have a smart and well thought out email campaign that applies to your consumers in a organized way. Good job]

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Tyson,
    Nice work. I'm definitely going to be putting some of these point to good use in both business and personal emails. Great job!
    Janessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Post, I like the 5 steps at the beginning. I found the five steps really set it up for the rest of the article. Also great video, thought it tied in well.
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post on email marketing! Email marketing campaigns can become similar to spam and junk mail if overdone excessively.
    Huy

    ReplyDelete
  19. The big picture, which is missed by many marketers, about email is that apart from being cheap and quick, it gives the ability to find
    Free Live Software

    ReplyDelete
  20. Email Marketing Solutions is one of the best way for doing business promotion ans if you are doing in rite way then it is very beneficial for business and business owner. This is nice and informative post.B2b Email Marketing Lists

    ReplyDelete