Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Website- Customer Experience


 The Customer Experience

drastic advancement in technology, has encouraged a change in what customers expect.  This has created a new generation of customer service and customer expectations and is based around the customers. The internet has enabled customers to have a voice that could be heard by other potential business clients, and customers.  Blogs, social media, and other sites that allow customer interaction are ways for customers to explain and voice reasons toward a company.  With customer feedback being so viral companies need to understand the importance of the customer’s experience. Internet and websites have become a strong channel of either information or income for companies, therefore companies need to insure the best customer experience and user friendliness within their website.  However many companies on the internet over look the important step of the customer experience. In the report “Why Websites Fail” Forester Research said that for every customer who has left a site displeased, on an average they proceed to inform 10 others about their negative experience with the site. 





More Companies are researching in detail as to how customers are behaving on their site. By companies researching how potential consumers behave on their site they are able to identify problem pages or areas that are driving customers away, or perhaps encouraging a sale. Companies that are aware of what consumers are doing while on their site, spend more time modifying their site to be more effective and enjoyable to the consumer. If the problem areas are being taken care of the website will be transitioned into a more user friendly website. This will not only bring more people to the website but it will give more people a positive outlook towards the company.
             
Click on the link below. The graph shows the effectiveness of different methods that are used for discovering problems or issues with the online customer experience.
http://econsultancy.com/ca/blog/10066-understanding-online-customer-experience-four-key-trends



Ways to improve your customer experience on the internet
  • Enable a search bar for quick navigation of the site
  • Ensure a organized and planned out layout of the website that is user friendly
  • If shopping online is available, make it easy, provide detailed information about shipping costs and dates, price and product description to help the buying decision
  • Install interactive communication where customers can leave comments, this two way communication will also help the consumer develop a strong brand loyalty towards your brand
  • Make your website as tailored to each consumers needs as possible




Thanks for reading!
Emilee Farmer



Resources



22 comments:

  1. Hey Emilee
    Good job on this one, it's a really well presented post on a subject which is extremely important for any business to manage correctly. The chart is a great addition and full of info that I would of never have known.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Emilee,

    Just wow, so much information, its obvious you spent a lot of time researching this topic. I like the last visual as it reminds me of the Mohawk H wing library. Its crazy at how a positive experience only influences so many in comparison to what a bad experience can do to damage your company. I also enjoyed the bottom of the chart, next time I want to feel like a King, who knew all I had to do was make a trip to Costco.

    Good job again

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hey Emilee
    Wow you have done an exceptional job in providing all of these visuals in strengthening your points. There are so many interesting facts that you have provided that I had no idea about. Your blog was very interesting to read and I’ve learned a lot from all of the statistics you have found.
    Great job Emilee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great visuals, they really help with understanding the subject.
    I like that you included the ways to improve your customer experience on the internet it gives us a quick rundown of what should be on a website to make it easy for people to navigate through the website.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Emilee,
    I really loved your use of the visuals - they were clear, informative and presented in a way that didn't compromise the flow of your piece. I like that you took the standpoint of presenting your topic in an organic way - showing the basic side and the more complicated side of improving customer experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Emilee,
    Great post and tips on how to improve the consumer experience. To add, I think that social media gives consumer the power of word of mouth which also plays a big part in the need to have consumer experience at an all time high, I feel that it is keep companies on their toes, which works out well for everyone,
    Thank-Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Emilee, this is a really good post I love the images used. Makes it easier to read. I totally agree with what you said about the customer experience being such a crucial think in businesses. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was a great post.
    providing consumers the best possible experience online is crucial in any companies success. like you said if the consumer has a bad experience, many others will hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Emilee
    it looks like you did your homework on this one, Very well researched and written. I agree with your comment"If the problem areas are being taken care of the website will be transitioned into a more user friendly website. This will not only bring more people to the website but it will give more people a positive outlook towards the company." This is the main issue with CRM. If the customer is not happy you will not make any money.
    Thanks so much
    David

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Emilee,

    Awesome job with your blog entry as you definitely show there was extensive research done here. After going over it, it is clear to see that if someone were to create their own webpage, this entry could make for a great reference for "dos and don'ts" when it came to providing the best possible consumer experience.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Fellow Room Mate
    Wow what a great post. very Informative it looks like you did alot of work from the looks of it. The costumer experience is very important process. You were able to pin point exatly what that is. great visuals and well written. great job

    Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey emilee
    This is a great post, great study guide as well. The abundance of visuals reallly express what you are saying. Obviously a lot of research was put into this and it all flows great. The ways to improve customer service was well done and I feel that they should be included for customers to have a better relationship with the company

    Good job!
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Emilee, Great job! Lots of visuals, and a very easy read. I like that you separated your information instead of just compiling it into one paragraph. Also, all the information I felt was very informative and easy to understand. Great blog post.

    Thanks,
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Donald, you can definitely see the time you put into this post. Very informative,nice graphics. Good job Emilee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Emilee, great visuals in your post. Superior customer service experience is definitely a huge factor for repeat business from consumers. For me, ease of finding important information is something that I look for in terms of customer experience on webpages.
    Huy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emilee,
    great visuals - really helps readers understand what you're informing. I agree with all your points on how to create easy navigation for customers, it enables customers to find exactly what their looking for and ultimately encourages them to return to the websites if all concepts are met correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emilee,

    Great post! Lots of relevant information and supporting pictures. I agree with all the points you outlined in your "Ways to improve customer experience". As I do a fair amount of shopping online, the sites with the simplest layout and ease of use are the ones I normally gravitate towards.

    Thanks for the information!
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its true what they say, customers can make, or break your business. With a bad outlook on your website, you would inevitably have a bad or "unprofessional" look to your business, just as we experienced with the "Flying Dragons" website in IMC. On first hand experience, before meeting the owners in person, we thought very little of their company, just as any other person would. The importance of a proper, appealing website is crucial!

    Great post Emilee!

    Raffi Kaloustian

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Visuals

    I agree it is very important the prope use of visuals and website navigation for potential consumers. I enjoy reading your Blog.

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post. I really do think a website now days does have an effect on the store's brick and mortar store's. If a website is un kept and sloppy I believe the store may be deceived as that even if it is not.
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally agree that websites are so important. I know i do late night shopping or look online to see what stores are offering so i can go shop at them the next business day!
    Great job Emilee!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent post Emilee!
    Most consumers now adays visit a stores website before they go into the physical location, and if they should happen to have a bad experience on the site the likelyhood of them entering the store is very low. It is extremely important for the website to provide a positive experience because bad word of mouth travels ten times faster than good word of mouth.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete