Thursday, 15 November 2012

Websites - The Next Generation


                        

The Next Generation - Websites




 
The Internet has come a long way from its original launch till now.  It is now an essential service that is used in everyone’s daily life.  The technology keeps increasing which enables the expansion of different web browsers and database layouts for any type of website out there.  Successful brands/ stores rely more than ever on their website to produce sales, which doubles due to online and in store presence.  Within the last 5 years the website style and presentation has taken a huge step forward in professionalism and practicality.  Popular websites are updated frequently to satisfy the public to engage in regularly updated data etc...

The next generation of the internet, or more specific websites; can go down a few paths applying to the social trends of the environment and appealing to the fast paced, on the go nation we live in.  Or it can completely evolve from what it is now to a next generation of websites that will have a vastly different way of communicating information to their visitors.

The social trend that is rising to be the most influential is mobile devices.  Since I Phone and Android Smart Phones have been released, everything that was experienced on the laptop or home computer can be accessed on a small mobile phone.  I think that a new generation of website development ideas will be, updating and creating websites through the mobile device.  It enables large development processes to now be able to do at anytime.  This trend is here to stay and as the years go on there will just be more and more development of technology changing the ways we experience the internet and websites in particular. 

Websites can be personal, but not as personalized as one would want. Search history is extremely useful with Google and other search engines, but not all websites contain a search history or tabs of product that you may be interested if havent visted the site in the past.  The internet will be able to track the items you search up on search engines or anywhere on the internet and use that information to create a more personalized experience.  Sure, there is personalization for websites like eBay or Amazon, but I feel the next generation will touch on every minor or major site on the global web.  Personalization will be a strong point of websites down the road by using the “site history” for every search you do on every website.  This will revolutionize the internet database.  

  New communication styles will change the present way of conversation into true communication platforms that will take advantage of the Web's multimedia capabilities introducing much more personalized communication to visitors. Thus guaranteeing instant feedback and knowledge of the history and present view of the site and or company. 

 

Jake Floriani

000280229

 

 

22 comments:

  1. Alright Jake,
    I fully agree that the web will continue to evolve and everything we look at, search or even remotely browse on the internet will be recorded and used to create such personalized experiences. Question is though, will this personalization just go a little to far in terms of how much information of ours will be recorded. Where does the line of being helpful and providing services based off info recorded, and being invasive into our private information get drawn.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with John M, it is so easy for a browser to record our information, i wouldn't want to see it progress in any way that gives them more accessibility to my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake,
    Great blog! This is very true they ways of using the internet has changed and developed fast. Buy being able to access the full internet at the palm of your hand, literally. Is pretty incredible, although like anything there are both pros and cons to every decision made.
    I cant even begin to imagine what is next for the internet generation,

    Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Jake,

    I couldn't agree more! The internet is changing and constantly evolving. Its hard to keep track of technology and all the constant updates. Its a bit crazy to think of how much the internet already records our browsing data, let alone how intelligent it will become. At what point does it go from useful, and customizing, to creepy and a loss of privacy??

    Good work once again Jake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Jake!
    I agree with Donald. Technology in today’s society has drastically changed compared to a decade ago. There is no keeping up with technology because it is changing on a daily basis. I think hieroglyphics would be an amazing evolvement in technology and I can’t wait until it is released into markets because that will be the next level of amazing technology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good read Jake,
    It is interesting to see how much websites have changed in the past 10 years. The interactivity just continues to grow and you are bang on with the demand for access from mobile, it almost a deterrent when a company does not have a website that u can easily read from your phone. Well put & good points.
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good post thanks for sharing. I believe that technology is bigger than ever right now and its important to be aware of that. I agree with your post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jake
    I really Enjoyed your post, I completely agree with your comment "Within the last 5 years the website style and presentation has taken a huge step forward in professionalism and practicality. Popular websites are updated frequently to satisfy the public to engage in regularly updated data etc..." It is interesting to see where it will go in the future.
    Thanks so much
    David

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jake,

    Nice work with the post, very well researched and it shows. I'm now more interested in seeing what is technologically in store for us in the near future.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice one Jake,

    Great blog! It opened my eyes to the evolution of websites and their functionality. I'm sure the changes will continue to come also. I'm sure if we took a website design from 10 years ago and one from today the differences would be unreal.

    Thanks
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jake,
    Your post about the future of websites that can be accessed in the palm of your hands is a real eye-opener. It makes one realize the power of the digital world that is evolving day by day. Your post talks about personalization becoming a key factor in webpages and it is already apparent we are heading that way through webpage giants such as Ebay, Amazon etc. that provide users with similar results based on previous purchases. Great post!

    Kellen Cummings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post Jake! Websites have really evolved over the past decade. Web pages nowadays are much more interactive with a variety of features compared to a decade ago. Now many companies are focusing on mobile smartphone webpages. Companies are tailoring their webpages to have maximum compatibility with smartphones such as iPhones, Androids and Blackberries. I am eager to see the next generation of web pages in the coming years.
    Huy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Websites really have evolved so much in the last year alone. Think about Google. You have your Google account which is linked to all Google subsidiaries. This allows them to build a personalized browsing experience for each and every person that they come in contact with. It recommends YouTube videos, searches, even the ads that you see on any Google operated website are all tailored to your interests.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Jake, great blog
    However I do agree with some previous comments. It seems that companies are having a hard time realizing the line of making ethical and unethical decisions with personal information. How can customers be certain of who's viewing their information? Are personalized websites using this information solely for this benefit?
    The list can go on

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jake,

    I'm stoked to see what websites will look like in the future. As mentioned, technology is advancing at such a rapid pace. I hope to see some more interactive pages, as well as more personalized ones like you mentioned.

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete

  16. great post!
    the web is evolving at a very high rate. just in ten years we went from plain boring sites to what we have now. with the increasing of companies using search history, many people will see it as an invasion of their privacy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on the post.
    Its cool to see how quickly the internet evolves in such a short period of time. I cant wait to see what technology has for us in the future and see how much further the internet develops as our newer technology develops.


    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cookies! Every time we talk about it I want some. I agree personalization is the next step. From web 2.0 to web 3.0 where advertisements are going to be everywhere. Reminds me of the Chappelle show episode where he goes through the internet as a mall.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can only imagine what websites would look in the future years. As time goes techonology advances. I like your Blog it was full with intersting information.

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this is a great topic, looks like it would be a fun one to research. Reading up on it I cant help but think what websites will be like in only 4 years from now with the new HTML 5 out.

    Great Post
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Websites have definitely evolved from bare bone skeleton sites to interactive, informative sites. This is only the start. I'm sure in years to come, the websites will become even more complex and informative, as scary as that sounds. We will just have to wait and see what the future has in store!

    Great post Jake,

    Raffi Kaloustian

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post Jake!
    You have some good points. its crazy how much the internet has changed. But its neat to see the difference and how fast and much everything is changing.
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete