Business-2-Business
websites are primarily used to generate leads, as well as to sell their
products to other businesses that would be used inside their company, in their
day to day lives. In building websites,
all websites are built upon using and incorporating social media, email, mobile
feeds, possibly video or Youtube Links or uploaded videos, links to Facebook or
Twitter and everything along those lines to make it informative and appealing for
the consumers when they are on their website.
Business-2-Business sales are very relationship-based. However B-2-B sites do not usually have e-commerce functionality. Their main goals that B-2-B companies usually focus their web resources on are:
- Reinforcing their brand name
- Establishing that they understand their clients "pain points" - which are the critical issues faced by potential clients in their particular industry and those faced by the decision-making individuals within those companies
- Proving that they can deliver the products and services necessary to ease the aforementioned pain
- Showing themselves to be leaders in their industry
- Moving potential visiting clients to take action by contacting a sales representative
Business-2-Business
websites are built upon using CMS, which is Content Managing System; it is used
to store the content of the website, much like how html coding does. There are three commonly used programs today
for content managing systems in B-2-B websites and they are: Drupal, WordPress,
and Joomla. Drupal is the most commonly used one.
When
creating a website, your purpose is to make it as visually appealing as
possible to people and businesses who are looking at the website. With the
website looking neat, easy to read, and organized, people will take your
website and company more seriously than if the website looked outdated, or
poorly made. Making the website easy to
navigate and find information on, is another key element in creating a B-2-B
website, mainly because your desire is to have businesses use your website to
find what they are looking for quicker; instead of getting frustrated with your
site, which could potentially lose
business as well as get bad reviews.
When
creating a website if you decide to create it yourself rather than have an expert
help you, there are many helpful programs, such as templatemonster.com, that have
been fashioned with the purpose of assisting you in creating a website. It will make it easier to understand, if you
are trying to make it on your own, without the CMS expertise in Drupal or
WordPress. Templatemonster is also a great example of a program to help design
an esthetically pleasing website for a business, if you are not using Drupal or
WordPress.
There are 9 Design elements that are used in creating websites:
1. Using copy and information rather than graphics and animation
2. Case studies and client testimonials to illustrate their beneficial services
3. Scheduling educational video Webcasts
4. Authoring white papers on key industry topics and offering free downloads of those papers
5. Providing informational brochures in PDF format for easy downloading
6. Developing a cyber-newsroom that shows how the company has been improving, growing, and evolving
7. Include an "About Us" section that gives details of biographies of key management to create trust
8. Offering a password protected area where clients can log in to review invoices, company files, time sheets, and other account information
9. Presenting company contact information including email links and phone numbers on an easily accessible contacts page.
Bibliography:
Dmzinteractive. "How to Build a B2B Website." YouTube. YouTube, 22 Aug. 2011. Web. 12 Nov. 2012. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7gO7683B6I.
Miletsky, Jason I. Principles of Internet Marketing: New Tools and Methods for Web Developers. Boston, MA: Course Technology, 2010. Print.
Brad Johnston
000201989

you know., first time i heard about b2b website, and this blog helps me to understand what is his all about.,
ReplyDeleteHey
ReplyDeleteI like how you mention the 9 elements in terms of creating a website. I bet this well be on the test. In terms of b2b websites i know for sure most business have them in today's society in order to survive in the industry.
Alright Brad,
ReplyDeleteGood job mate on the post, it covered an area I had very little knowledge on as most websites we would visit would be B2C so this offered a really good insight into how B2B sites work. The 9 Design elements were a really good touch.
Good job Brad,
ReplyDeleteGreat use and explanation of the 9 design elements. To agree with John, I don't know if I've ever really experienced a B2B website, mainly only ever B2C. However, after this quite informative blog, I feel as if I've been on them for years.
Great job again and great use of video and visuals.
Great job Brad
ReplyDeleteYou have covered a lot about B2B websites that I did not know much about so I found it very informing. I think you did a great job in stating the 9 design elements because it provides us with insight on what elements are really used in creating a successful website.
Overall, great job!
I learned a lot from your blog. I don't think I have ever been on a B2B website, but now I fully understand its purpose. I found it very interesting how at the end of the blog you mentioned how B2B companies struggle themselves with knowing who their audience really is. The nine design elements were really well thought out and thorough! Great job, your blog was very informative and knowledgeable.
ReplyDeleteHi Brad,
ReplyDeleteGreat thorough blog post - I learned alot about a type of site that I don't believe I've visited frequently in my web browsing history. The 9 steps as others have step were a great touch.. I also liked that you highlighted the challenge for B2B sites being the limited audience, this creates a problem to be solved and leavers room open for creative solutions for those who work in this industry.
Great, thought-provoking post.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat post Brad,
ReplyDeleteVery informative, it really helped me to understand B2B sites. The 9 steps really helped it all come together.
Brad,
ReplyDeleteGreat blog, I'm not sure that I have ever been on A B2B website. But you offered me a great understanding of what a B2B website would consist of!
great post !
Thanks for posting !
Awesome information of b2b websites it was very informative, also I really enjoyed the 9 design elements that you included.
ReplyDeleteGood job
Hello Brad
ReplyDeleteYour post was both Informative and helpful. I particularly like your comment "When creating a website, your purpose is to make it as visually appealing as possible to people and businesses who are looking at the website. With the website looking neat, easy to read, and organized, people will take your website and company more seriously than if the website looked outdated, or poorly made." this is important because it is quite true. If someone goes to your site and sees it is outdated they think you dont care or are very cheep.
Thanks so much
David
Hey Brad,
ReplyDeleteVery informative blog. Well researched as I did gain quite a bit of knowledge from reading it. One thing I've always been told is 'The only thing worse than having no webpage, is having an outdated webpage'. This blog gave many great and vital ideas that anyone can find helpful when/if deciding to create a webpage of their own.
Nice work.
Andrew
Hey Brad
ReplyDeleteGreat Post very infromation based which was nice. B2B websites consist of alot which I was unaware of. I really like the part that you talked about how visually appealing a website has to be. that's great way to have successful web page.
Good Luck
Elliott Jones
couldnt agree more. If the website in unproffessional and basic, then its boring and doesnt keep the viewer intreged with what it has to offer. Thorough blog and those 9 steps really paint a picture when visualizing the popular complex websites compared to the less popular basic layouts.
ReplyDeleteGood job
Jake
B2B websites isn't something I'm too familiar with so this post was really informative for me in that area. I have been on a B2B website in the past to order supplies and what not for a work but that's the extent of my knowledge. Nice post.
ReplyDeleteHey Brad,
ReplyDeleteThis post had a lot of information about B2B marketing and the necessary elements that help a business approach their clients successfully. The 9 elements of creating a website were very clever and helpful. The video was also very informative. Thank you for sharing all this worthy information.
Kellen Cummings
Brad,
ReplyDelete"When creating a website, your purpose is to make it as visually appealing as possible to people and businesses who are looking at the website. With the website looking neat, easy to read, and organized, people will take your website and company more seriously than if the website looked outdated, or poorly made" this sentence really reinforced a customers point of view. I feel that the phrase "never judge a book by its cover" would definitely not fit this situation. If the website is not being updated and it is not visually appealing then customers will not take it seriously.
Great job Brad.
ReplyDeleteI understand the use of B2B in much greater detail now. I believe that step 9 was done quite well.
-Joe
ReplyDelete"When creating a website, your purpose is to make it as visually appealing as possible to people and businesses who are looking at the website". Great information put together I like the visuals.
Good Blog
I'm glad to have read this post because I can truthfully say that I am not familiar with B2B websites. The 9 elements pretty much summed things up, and the video added a nice touch!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great read!
Raffi Kaloustian
Thank you for the informative post Brad. I agree that B2B websites are very relationship-oriented, with the goal to make contact with another business and to show that they are leaders in the industry that they are in. There are some aspects of B2B websites that overlap with B2C websites also such as ease of navigation and ability to find information.
ReplyDeleteHuy
this really helped me to understand B2B websites a lot more! i love the video, very informative!
ReplyDeletegreat job Brad
Samantha