Wednesday, 28 November 2012

The Future of Mobile Marketing



Watch this and think about it ……..

 Exactly ……

Every minute of every day, more and more companies are beginning to realize that even through banners on the side of the highway, or an advertisement on TV in the middle of a family’s dinner are effective but the population of people that are constantly on the move and have a mobile device or smart phone attached as a second leg is rapidly growing. It is becoming more common to send out mass text messages informing people of new deals at a consumers favourite retail stores or sending out mass coupons for more consumers to want to buy from ones store.
As teens become more glued to social media sites and posting information about themselves and their hobbies, single parents on all of the hundreds of dating websites and family connecting through Facebook, all personal information is lingering out there for stores, and advertising agencies and data companies to pick through and find the best deal that will relate to a certain consumer. From there they send out a text, a tweet, or a post on Facebook, for consumers to get this information through their smartphones and off they go to a retailer to take advantage and purchase. With mobile marketing being the most cost effective to use and the most flexible, it is becoming the most dependable when getting a brand name to be recognized by consumers.
The future can only see benefits, technology is growing and as stated in the video it can only get more personal for the consumer, to a point where making a grocery list isn't needed because you’ll have your phone already doing it for you. With mobile apps having adds already placed in them, simply with one touch of a finger and you are at a retailer’s main website making a purchase with a credit card of some sort. The present has consumers paying for movie passes, scanning bar codes which gather store information and connecting with businesses on a personal basis as consumers. If right now they have all this, you can only imagine what the future holds for the world. Mobile marketing is growing and for companies to take advantage can really have a positive effect on profits and future stability.

The future of mobile marketing …… it’s already here.

Kellen Cummings

Links



23 comments:

  1. Hello Kellen
    This was a very Interesting post and quite well done.
    I found the video to be quite scary actually. If that is what shopping becomes I hope they give you an opt out button because all those texts would be quite annoying.
    Thanks so much for the info
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Kellen
    Your blog was very informative on the trend mobile marketing is following, and it only seems a matter of time before my phone becomes an annoying ad agent buzzing me every time I enter a business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kellen,

    I found your entry to be both very interesting and informative. Although, after watching the video, I'm really hoping that way of shopping never becomes a reality. I feel it would breach the privacy of many and make for an uncomfortable shopping experience at times.

    Very nice job overall!

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post. it was really interesting.

    with mobile marketing becoming more popular, its scary to think about the future. The texts from retailer's will become a nuisance. face to face interaction will be very minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done
    Mobile Marketing is becoming bigger and bigger as we speak there is new thing every day realistically. I found your topic very interesting and infromavtive for some one who does not know about this stuff (me)
    Great post

    Elliott Jones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright Kellen,
    Really good post mate, very informative and a slightly scary look into what the future might hold which I feel would be a move in the wrong direction. With the current climate of creating more inovative and groundbreaking ways to connect everyone all over the world, I feel this would have a detrimental effect to not only the whole "customer service" aspect of sales which it is designed to improve but to quite possibley one to one communication anywhere within the retail environment.
    Good work again though mate, really interesting to read.
    Cheers, John

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Kellen,

    I'm hoping that form of shopping doesn't happen because those text messages would really become an issue.

    Good job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kellen,
    I found your blog post to be very interesting and informative. With the rate that technology is advancing I feel that smartphone technology is limitless and its list capabilities are rapidly growing. This could cause both good and bad effects for society but I believe that it is a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kellen,
    I found your blog post to be very interesting and informative. With the rate that technology is advancing I feel that smartphone technology is limitless and its list capabilities are rapidly growing. This could cause both good and bad effects for society but I believe that it is a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Kellen!
    Very informative post on the future of mobile marketing. It is something that major companies are looking into since it has enormous potential with the amount of smartphone users today. There are now in-app advertisements that retailers are incorporating into their marketing strategy.
    Huy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kellen,
    The facts your used within your post are without a doubt, true. Mass marketing and advertising to target markets, especially within ages of 16 to 25 since they have entered the world based on technology; it is imperative that companies learn quickly and efficiently how to target their consumers using technology. Also, it is good to create company based apps for easy access and use of the store products and/or services.
    Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kellen,

    Thank you for the informative post. I agree with everything that you have mentioned, and your video touched on some key points. My cellphone is one of the only things that is almost always within arms reach!

    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great examples. Fun fact: there`s this program out there that will create a multi-platform apps instead of writing code for each platform. Personally, I’m on my mobile constantly because I’m always on the go and curious. Just need a better pop up blocker for my mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there Kellen
    Great job on the blog! I really liked your video; it was a great realistic example of what the future of mobile marketing will provide for us. It is also a little scary that almost everything will be able to be done on your phone. If one individual loses their phone or someone intelligent that hacks phones decides to hack your phone and use all you’re banking information to make purchases can really cause some problems. I’m sure there will be some extra security for that sort of stuff in the future so fraud is minimized.
    Excellent job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Informative video

    You mention the key points of the topic. Is so true now a days in order to target the age group mention the use of technology plays a major role. In the future face to face interaction will be at a low stand.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Kellen,
    Great Job on the post. I really thought that video was crazy and I kind of hope its not the case. It just seemed kind of invasive to me!
    Thanks
    Janessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Post Kellen!
    Very informatve on the growth of mobile marketing.
    Good Job!
    Tyson

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Kellen,

    I think you mentioned some key points such as marketing to the younger audience people must move into the world of mobile marketing.

    Great job on the blog.
    Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job Kellen,
    I totally agree with the importance of companies adapting to the growing trend of Mobile Marketing, it is here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great topic because it allows you to predict and think of how to better the technology and mobile uses we have today. Very good information dealing with this topic, so much can be made that we cant even picture yet, who knows what the future will hold. We may have ideas such as these but only time will tell
    Great imformative and ideas included in this blog Kellen

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  21. i totally agree, mobile marketing is getting bigger! its pretty handy actually, ive used it a few times to get special offers while shopping in the store! i think its pretty neat!
    great job Kellen!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  22. I believe mobile marketing is going to be key in the business world in the near future. With all the new innovative technology that corporations are designing ways for the consumers to easily navigate through the many apps on the phone espeacially with interent.
    Great Job on your Blog
    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  23. I strongly agree that mobile marketing will be key in the future everyone is glued to there phones and are so familiar with them that it will be so easy for the consumer to marketed to through mobile marketing
    sylvia

    ReplyDelete