Friday, 2 November 2012


Web Development



What is web development? Well it does not have anything to do with spiders, Web development is a very broad term used to describe the efforts involved with the creation of a website for the internet accessible worldwide, or for the making of a site for a private network known as the intranet.

The work involved with web development consists of numerous activities; such as, inputting HTML coding, adding text and including pictures. These activities are essential in making websites come to fruition. The implementation of various techniques requires a good knowledge of what will be acceptable to the desired visitors or viewers. A lot of hard work and time is involved when picking a theme and pursuing objectives. It can take numerous people to create and maintain a website; this team of individuals are known as web developers, web developers will work with on and other providing expertise in different elements of design to help in the production of a website.



Becoming a web developer/ designer can be a very fulfilling and lucrative venture. Once the knowledge of web development fundamentals is engrained, the possibilities are virtually endless. You could work for yourself contracting your expertise to others, or you could develop something incredible and sell it. For example with the same skills used in the process of developing web pages, can be put to making apps for smart phones, or creating high traffic entertainment sites that can host vendor advertisements generating revenue 24 hours a day. The options go on and on.

With the current rise in social media sites coming available; such as, Facebook, Twitter and Pintrest it is now more important to have a collaborative function to ones website to influence audiences interaction and help personalise the online experience of visitors.  

Simply put, web development covers all the processes involved in taking an idea and creating a website for others to view or interact with.


Joel Oliver
000280389

20 comments:

  1. the videos hepls alot to understand web development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similarly to the way you do in your life, you have taken a topic and dissected it - explained it throroughly and then provided it for mass consumption. To say that this blog is simple would be a simplification in itself, you have given a great description of web development, and even profiled the possibilities for employment. Great job Joel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Joel,

    Very thoroughly explained. To your point, web developing can be fulfilling, I beg to differ. With my stream of ADD and frustrations while working with HTML, I believe my experience would be more of the tedious and long drawn out painful type. I appreciate all the work the developers put into each website, using codes to represent pictures and colours, but I would prefer to stay off the "intranet" with my efforts and keep it face to face while the team behind me works out the software kinks and codes.

    Job well done buddy

    ReplyDelete


  4. Excellent job Joel
    You provided a lot of viable information on what web development is all about and what it involves. I like how you incorporated the video to add further knowledge in what a web developer does and I like how you explained the uses of web developers in society.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joel
    you have provided a lot of great information on this topic of web development. The video was a great add on to help more to visually back up your blog. Web development is still a very grey area for many people so hopefully it has helped to clear many questions up. This blog did for me.
    Thanks for blogging Joel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joel
    The information that you have provided is really interesting about web development. I have never understood how it all works but now that i have read this I am able to have some knowledge about the topic.

    Elliott Jones


    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Joel,

    You did a great job at explaining web development and provided good information on it. The video you included helped add to your blog and the points you made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Joel
    Great post, I enjoy solving puzzles and building cool things but this does look a bit complicated. in your comment "You could work for yourself contracting your expertise to others, or you could develop something incredible and sell it." that doesn't have anything to do with luggage does it?
    Thanks Joel Your awesome
    David

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Joel,

    Loved the video, it was a perfect compliment to all your information stated. Well done on blog entry, very informative!

    Thanks,

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello Joel, Great job. Very informative and interesting, you really did personalize your blog. I mean you really were able to give the reader the feeling that you were speaking to them directly. This is good as it made it a lot more interesting and made me want to keep reading. Also, Great use of visuals.

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting blog Joel. It really nailed down what web development actually encompasses in the grand scheme of things. Nice video choice, it was really useful to reenforce the info you gave to us in your writing.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Joel,
    I always knew web development was tedious work but now I understand the complexity behind it. It is almost a sort of art. The video really helped understand the topic as well.

    Kellen Cummings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joel,
    this blog on web development really enlightened me on the opportunities that can come with. with online and mobile marketing growing rapidly the profitable ideas are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great post Joel! i didn't know web development was such a hard task. that was very informative. all the opportunities within web development just vary so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joel,

    Thanks for the informative post. I very vaguely understood web development before reading this post, but now I understand it alot more clearly. The video reinforced the points posted in your blog.

    Raffi Kaloustian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Joel,
    I didnt know how rapidly online marketing is growing, as well as web marketing. After reading this I now see all of its untapped possibilities.
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  17. The video you included on your blog was a great summary for the information you shared. I liked how you mention web developers in todays society.
    Over all great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blog
    The video selected help explain everything just a bit more to give all the information I needed to attain this imformation

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post Joel! I believe there will always be a demand for web developers since it is a market that obviously wont go away anytime soon. I enjoyed the Youtube video.
    Huy

    ReplyDelete
  20. very interesting, i never knew that much about web development! now i know for when i want to make a website! good choice of video!
    excellent job Joel!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete