Thursday, 6 December 2012

Self-Reflection and its' rewards


When I began this course I must admit I was apprehensive. The concept of learning about topics that were already somewhat familiar seemed like an inefficient use of my college time. I was skeptical about the course material, confused with the concept of the flash mob and didn’t quite understand the value of the class blog.

As I progressed throughout this course, I came to witness an evolving of my understanding of the different types of internet marketing. I bore witness to the possibility that I, in my short-sightedness had not entered into this course with an open mind. Each student was given a topic to write about, research and convey into an articulate, entertaining and informative post and there were some wonderful results. I enjoyed the interaction with my classmates, and I really responded to the instructions for assignments being neatly organized on our class blog home page. The structure was helpful in aiding to my want to be proactive, and allowed me to submit several assignments early. Despite my skepticism, I have come to a new level of awareness in understanding how my knowledge level of blog writing and commenting can further my future career.

I’m very glad I took this course, and I hope that it continues to be offered at Mohawk College, so that other future students can experience the same epiphany. In the future I will make also make a conscious effort to be more open-minded.

1 comment: