Upon starting the
semester I had a very rough idea of what the program might entail, but as we’ve
worked through the course I have been introduced to a wealth of new
information. I held very limited knowledge in all aspects of the workings of
the internet, whereas I now have a level of understanding to just how versatile
and powerful the internet truly is. Upon reflection, I have been inspired through
learning so many new terms and operations which are considered basics of the
internet, for example SEO, Landing pages and the complexities of Branding on
the web. As we head towards our final exams I am content with the range of
topics we have covered, and although I am unsure as to what my career will be I
am sure parts of the knowledge I have gained from this semester will be put to
good use.
I do feel however the replacement of building a website with the
planning of a flash mob, to be a little unproductive. I believe learning the
basics of website development would be much more beneficial to students,
compared to the planning and execution of a flash mob. During the planning
stages of our flash mob I found the use of the Googledoc to be slightly ineffective,
which was mainly due to working and communicating with my team members every
day of the week. This resulted in communication between group members being
either face to face, or via cell phone when away from school which made the
Googledoc almost redundant.
I would have liked to have spent
some more time during the course on the subject of Branding, with the hope of delving a little
deeper into just how a successful brand is created, managed and communicated to
consumers. With this semester being our first to incorporate the blended
learning aspect I have found it to be quite successful, although I would
personally not like an increase in the amount of blended learning we receive in
future semesters as my learning style is suited to the classroom environment. As
an overall I have learnt a lot from this program, and now feel better
positioned to use the internet in a much more productive manner when needed
hopefully within my career.
Cheers
John
No comments:
Post a Comment